On Deck for the Cure

gwhizma

That's what my cardiologist tells me. ;)

We'll be careful, ESLO.

I wonder what day they will do it on our 11 day Noordam cruise?

Maybe our second sea day so we'll be in warm weather?

sail7seas,

Our cruise was the 11 day So Carib and the walk was done the day after San Juan which was 2 days out from NYC at the very tailend of the cruise.

There was no mention about it on day 1 or 2 at sea and then you start to land each and everyday after for about a week. Then you are back at those days at sea.

All that I read in the past is that it is only done on days at sea.

Please ask Cruiseking (Jonathan) to mention this at all your beginning events on your 1/6 Meet & Greet. It would be great to have as many CC'ers to start to walk together as a group and then split off at their own pace. There was a great feeling to have all the CC'ers as one starting body. Our unity was started on our Roll Call looking forward to walk together and we all were ready and cooridnated our signup after we all met.

Jonathan is a fab guy as we sailed on the QM2 together in July. I know he will be a good leader for your Roll Call.

GET THAT ENERGY STARTED...............

• 5 months later...

We recently returned from the Zaandam 3-night Pacific Coastal. One of the highlights of the trip was participating in the "On Deck for the Cure" walk.

Our walk was scheduled for the last day at sea, and took place at 4pm. We had received a sign-up sheet on the first evening in our cabin and I have to say there were no second thoughts about participating.

At 3:45pm we met the Cruise Director (Adam D) in the Atrium for (hot) Pink Lemonade, stretching and a photo! Then we hit the deck!

Our cruise up the West Coast was quite chilly and rainy with 10' waves so the elements really added to our walking adventure. On the Zaandam, it was 13 laps around the deck.

Kudos to HAL and the HAL Foundation promoting such a worthy cause.

Archived