Do I need to take medications in there original bottles?

secordwest

Ask your RPh or buy some small bottles with screw lid. If you can get the lablel of the large bottle to come off, tape it with THE LOT # AND EXPIRATION DATE of the pills inside. You could also use stickey labels and print or write this info down. As long as the pills are identifiable you should be fine. BUT KEEP THEM SEPERATE! Don't put several different pills in the same bottle or pill minder contianer untill you get to your cabin.

It is a good idea to take extra days of meds with you. Never know when you might drop a pill overboard!! :eek:

Keep all narcotics in their original containers. Also take only the smallest quantity you would need for your trip. A hundred Percocet in a bottle even labeled for you would raise and eyebrow or two and put you on the radar screen!

PLEASE don't give your rx meds to someone else! This is really against federal law and could get you into alot of hot water!

Have fun Cruzin'

Jacquelyn :D

I always carry all of my meds in the bottles that they come in. On our last cruise, we planned to stay in Florida for a week after the cruise. We got off the ship on Saturday and on Tuesday, I was rushed to the hospital with an abdominal aortic aneurysm. I spent a week in the hospital and had 29 staples in my stomach that wouldn't allow me to fly for another two weeks. Had I not taken all of my medicine with me, I would have been in deep doo doo for that last two weeks. Better safe than sorry.

I was stopped a couple of weeks ago in the airport as I was to pass through security. My purse was flagged for some reason as it passed through the xray machine. I heard the gal say "can that go through?" They took me over and opened it up and a man started to search (for what I have no clue) but as he took out six perscription bottles he check my ID and the labels and made the comment "very good - original containers", but he never looked inside any of them. I had removed at least half of the meds from the bottles so I didnt have to carry as much, most were not see through, none were liquid. He dug all through my purse and then just handed it back to me. I have no clue what they saw on the xray machine, or what they were just checking for, but if any would have not been labeled or didnt have MY name on them Im sure he would have taken them from me. So- you never know - Better safe than sorry.

Archived