Galaxy VCR's

Rowtyd

The description for Celebrity Galaxy cabins list VCR's as a feature. What do you do with a VCR in your cabin? I didn't know those things were still out there. I don't know the last time I saw a VCR taped movie. Have they not been upgraded to DVD players?

Can't speak for sure about Galaxy but in June Infinity had those combo TV/VCR units in their CC rooms. They have not gotten around to replacing them. We take a laptop with us so if we want a quiet evening in the cabin, we watch a DVD on the laptop. Works great.

I would imagine Galaxy is about the same but we will be on her in two weeks and I promise to let you know when we get back.

Hi all,

Yes they have a video library if you can call it that, the films were quite old as you might expect. I was not aware they had vcr's in all cabins, we had requested for one and were told no guarentee. Really wasn't worth it.

We have also take a small dvd player on the constellation and had them hook it up. Still not worth it unless you are sure you will use it. We didn't.LOL. Jane:p

There are VCRs in the deluxe oceanview rooms. I was just in one on the August 25, 2006 cruise. There is also a video library with older films. However, the VCR ate the tape, so they replaced the VCR. We could not figure out how to get the new one to work. It really was not worth it anyway. We were incredibly busy and they show movies in the cinema.

Have a great trip!

Mindi:)

Archived