Victory - NYC Embarkation and Disembarkation Qs

jeanbean

I know, I know, probably idiotic questions:

1. We live near NYC so we are being dropped off at the pier by relatives. What is the earliest we can board the ship? (Ship sails at 5PM)

2. Relatives are also picking us up. Approximately what time will be instructed to disembark?

Hi, we went on the victory in June, we got to the pier about 11:30 and we were on board by 12:30. Coming off, the ship was cleared by 8:30 and you can just walk off if you carry your luggage, Have a great trip.

Thanks for the info fgresko. We had planned to be at the pier by noon so I guess that will work. I am hoping my daughter (2 yo) will take a nap and be awake by the time the ship departs. LOL - wouldn't that be perfect!

Time - yes we are on the Victory on the 26th. I remember your name from the roll call. Can you believe our sail date is almost here?! I can't wait!

Hi,

We just got off the Carnival Victory yesterday.

We were one of the first to check in at 11:30 AM. We got on line at 11:15 AM. After check-in you have to wait until 12:00 noon to begin boarding.

Overall it was a very smooth process, except the computer at the checkin person was not on properly and she did not know how to get it on. She got help and we were on our way.

The are two categories of debarking passengers, those who carry all of their own luggage, and those who put their luggage out the night before. If you carry all of your own luggage off yourself you get to go first. They made the announcement for these passengers to disembark at 9:00 AM. We did not carry our own bags off, so we waited until 9:45 for them to begin calling tag colors. We were called at 10:00 and off by 10:15. A very smooth process compared to others I have experienced.

Hi Jeanbean,

We sailed the Victory in June. There were 4 ships in port the day we embarked. We got to Penn Station approximately 11:30. The traffic was absolutely horrendous on 12th avenu getting to the port. We were at a standstill, so got out and walked about 12 blocks to get to the port. Once there, embarkation was absolutely flawless.

For disembarkation, we were the last off the ship by choice. We disembarked right around 10:00. Traffic did not seem as bad on the roads. The wait right at the port was approximately 1-2 hours long, so we walked up about 2 blocks and caught a taxi with no difficulty. When you disembark, they will call by luggage tag color. However, you do not need to leave right when they call your color, so you may set a slightly later time with your relatives (i.e. 9:30 - 10:00) and enjoy your last bit of time on the ship.

As a side note, they have a beautiful park in Halifax about 3 blocks from the ship where you can take your little one to play. Also, they have a tugboat there that is part of a t.v. show on PBS (I can't remember the name right now).

Enjoy your trip!

Lisa

Archived