Teppanyaki Prices

Still trying to get an estimate of how much money I need to bring, does anyone have a rough idea of what I should expect to pay there. When we get hibachi (teppanyaki) I normally get a steak, shrimp, and chicken meal, while (12 days till) DW gets steak and chicken.

Thanks.

(note: I know everyone is over on the NCL website right now, so I won't get my feelings hurt if I get no response)

Most Teppenyaki options were 10$ (1 meat or seafood) but there was 12$ options and a 15$ option too. I went for one of the 10$ option and had too much food, the bigger options would be waste for me. While I liked Teppenyaki, I was disapointed that the food was cooked with so much oil (other Teppenyaki places I went to cook mostly with water and the taste was better than the oily meal they cook in Teppenyaki).

The food on the Star in Teppanyaki was not oily. Our chefs used very little oil. We had steak and shrimp, cost was 12.00 each. I think steak, shrimp and chix was the same price. I do not remember if lobster was more. The chefs usually use peanut oil, but we had a person allergic to peanuts and they subbed canola oil for the cooking.

Most Teppenyaki options were 10$ (1 meat or seafood) but there was 12$ options and a 15$ option too. I went for one of the 10$ option and had too much food, the bigger options would be waste for me. While I liked Teppenyaki, I was disapointed that the food was cooked with so much oil (other Teppenyaki places I went to cook mostly with water and the taste was better than the oily meal they cook in Teppenyaki).

I forgot to say that the Chef that night was new to the Teppenyaki position, that's maybe why he used so much oil. Here in Quebec, they definitely cook with mostly water.

I forgot to say that the Chef that night was new to the Teppenyaki position, that's maybe why he used so much oil. Here in Quebec, they definitely cook with mostly water.

Gotcha, I dont know Canadian cuisine, but American cuisine may generally be more oily than Canadian.

Still, thanks for posting!

If we do not 'see' you again, congratulations with the wedding, best wishes to the other half, enjoy the cruise and know you will not have the little 't' on the ship with you.:D We want pixs and a review of what you thought about free style.

I agree that the people also make the dinner, but if you have the chefs start the process, then the people usually follow.

<it is less messy on this post>

Still trying to get an estimate of how much money I need to bring, does anyone have a rough idea of what I should expect to pay there. When we get hibachi (teppanyaki) I normally get a steak, shrimp, and chicken meal, while (12 days till) DW gets steak and chicken.

Thanks.

(note: I know everyone is over on the NCL website right now, so I won't get my feelings hurt if I get no response)

:o Here are a few menus, don't know if this is what your looking for, see ya in 13 days.............http://www.cruisingreview.com/6155031501.html

Hi -- hope you have a great cruise! However, keep in mind everything on the ship is charged to your room account which you can pay by credit card, or with cash before departing the ship. So, you wont need cash for anything on the ship unless you plan to pay the bill with cash etc. They dont accept cash payments in the restaurants, bars, shops etc. its a cashless system. :)

Hi -- hope you have a great cruise! However, keep in mind everything on the ship is charged to your room account which you can pay by credit card, or with cash before departing the ship. So, you wont need cash for anything on the ship unless you plan to pay the bill with cash etc. They dont accept cash payments in the restaurants, bars, shops etc. its a cashless system. :)

Hmm, thanks for pointing that out, I should have put two and two together.

Not quite right--On the Star we were able to tip in the regular dining and speciality restaurants with cash and buy a few things in the shops with cash. :)

:o Here are a few menus, don't know if this is what your looking for, see ya in 13 days.............http://www.cruisingreview.com/6155031501.html

DocMike

Thanks. We will be on the Jewel in 2 wks. Do you know if you can Eat at the East meets West restaurant and order Sushi. My DH likes Sushi and I don't.

Thanks again for the menus. I do think the cover charge prices went up a bit.

CuriousCat

DocMike

Thanks. We will be on the Jewel in 2 wks. Do you know if you can Eat at the East meets West restaurant and order Sushi. My DH likes Sushi and I don't.

Thanks again for the menus. I do think the cover charge prices went up a bit.

CuriousCat

Curious Cat- there is no east meets west on the Jewell, there is the Sushi and Sashimi bar, but since you do not like Sushi, you might want to try Chin-Chin. I don't think they serve sushi (judging by the blurb--see below), although it says Japanese food, but a previous Jewel Cruiser may know better.

This elegant adventure into Pan Asian fare is a world-class experience in the finest authentic Japanese, Thai and Chinese cuisine. Exceptional value, worth the price.

Archived