Copenhagen - the Round Tower or the Tower at City Hall?

jstducky

For those who have either done the Round Tower or climbed the tower at City Hall to get a great view of Copenhagen, which one is better?

I am assuming, you'd do one or the other, but not both, because I am sure that the view from either is pretty similar.

Can you share your experiences?

wow, thanks Danish viking. I may have to try and see if I can get myself to City Hall to do the tour up the tower there at the appointed time!

I appreciate this!

you can stilll get a great view from the round tower and see the ship at langelinie pier.there is also some interesting history with the round tower.you climb up using a circular cobblestone roadway which was used by the king to ride his carriage to the top for the view.the rest of us have to use our legs though.Well worth a visit.There is a replica tower in Solvang california by the way,I saw it on a recent tour there .

Have a great cruise

i didnt know about this replica in solvang. perhaps i'll have to make the 3 hour drive up there to check it out. I've been to solvang many times and never noticed (or perhaps since I wasn't aware of it, I never noticed). thanks for the info.

hm.. i guess I'll have to decide which tower to climb. it seems a waste of time and money to do both when there's so much else to do in Copenhagen!

thanks again for the advice.

i didnt know about this replica in solvang. perhaps i'll have to make the 3 hour drive up there to check it out. I've been to solvang many times and never noticed (or perhaps since I wasn't aware of it, I never noticed). thanks for the info.

hm.. i guess I'll have to decide which tower to climb. it seems a waste of time and money to do both when there's so much else to do in Copenhagen!

thanks again for the advice.

its just off the main street behind one of the bakeries if you are in solvang again.My other recommendation in Copenhagen is to take a rickshaw ride from one of the many bikes in the centre.It's amazing how many sights you get to seeclose up in a short time and the guys are extremely helpful

For those who have either done the Round Tower or climbed the tower at City Hall to get a great view of Copenhagen, which one is better?

I am assuming, you'd do one or the other, but not both, because I am sure that the view from either is pretty similar.

Can you share your experiences?

Why can't you do both? It doesn't take long to do either. The Round Tower is more historic. It's hundreds of years old. Even Peter the Great took his wife Catherine to the top on a chariot. How cool is that. Plus, although city hall may be a little taller, at the Round Tower, you are still above the roof tops and have an excellent view all around the city. Although I don't see why you can't do both, I guess if I had to choose, then it would definately be the Round Tower.

a rickshaw? thats interesting. i hadn't read before that they had them. how many people can one fit? is it affordable?

i was thinking about getting the copenhagen card. do you think thats a bad idea?

we hired a rickshaw for the morning .they take 2 people and we visited the round tower,various other sights in the centre and the amelioborg palace and Nyhaven for lunch. from memory the fee (agreed in advance) was about 140 kroner.

Archived