Oosterdam - Navigation Deck - SS cabin 8044 Under Pool

Abe

I booked our cabin on the Oosterdam for 2/3/07 today and my husband has discovered that it is right under the pool area. He is not a happy camper.

Does anyone have any experience good or bad with the location of these SS cabins directly under the pool area?

Thanks for any input anyone can provide.

Depends on your schedule...

If you're early risers & don't take afternoon/early evening naps, you probably won't hear much from above.

If you're late risers, late seating and take naps in the afternoon, you'll probably hear a few chairs/loungers being moved around up above by the stewards in the AM and early evenings - but it's certainly not amazingly loud.

In either case, you're very unlikely to hear running, footsteps, voices, etc. from above.

If this is a major concern, why not ask the TA now to try & move you aft of midship or down to an SY on Deck 6?

We have been in suites right under the middle pool on the R and S class ships. We did hear the crew as they moved chairs, tables, loungers early in the morning as they hosed down everything -- some times as early as 5:30 AM. And we did hear chairs moving during the day.

If your husband is concerned about this, check to see if you can get your cabin switched -- it never hurts to ask.

Thank you for your replies and suggestions. I did call my TA today and was able to change cabins.

I wonder why the cruise lines charge a premium for the upper decks when the cabins can be susceptible to significant noise from above????? Go figure . . .

Again my thanks for your replies.

Archived