Bringing Home Alcohol

JRudy33

With the new airline rules and regulations, has anyone purchased alcohol to bring home? We always liked to buy alcohol in St. Thomas. The liquor stores would pack it in a cardboard box and we just carried it on the airplane. I guess it will all have to be checked now. Has anyone checked their box of alcohol, and if so, has it made it home in one piece?

I checked two boxes of liquor from St. Croix (we were on a land vac). When we got our luggage I heard clinking. There was no clinking when we checked them. After opening the boxes we found two bottles from one box missing and one bottle from the second box missing.

It is problem now. Thank goodness I live in Fl and drive to the port. If I ever cruise from another state and have to fly, I would be hesitant to send liquor through as checked baggage.

Our friends came back 2 weeks ago and taped 2 boxes together and sent it through with the checked baggage. It came back fine. They flew non-stop on Northwest. That's not to say they'll be lucky another time.

Archived