Onboard Computers

DesertDogs

DH and I were on the Zaandam in June and the computers are all new so I am sure there are USB ports but I didn't specifically look for them. We always buy computer time and can access our own email site so haven't had a need to take a list of email addresses but if you plan to use the cruisemail address on board I guess the flash drive is a nifty idea!

Do the computers onboard (Zaandam) have USB ports so I can use a flash drive to store my email addresses?

On all the Hal Ships that I have been on. The computers are all locked up. All there is is a keyboard and the monitor. Those that use wifi though would be able to store the messages on thier own notebooks / laptops.

You might be able to get the person in charge of the computer area though to set something up.

Yes Hard Copy is vital and saves time.. Printing your needed correspondance list will save you time, effort and money.;) ;)

USB 2 is so much faster now even mAC/Apple have done away with FireWire even though it has a much faster carry through rate..

:D

Thanks for the responses. I guess I will just print out all my email addresses just in case.

Thanks for the responses. I guess I will just print out all my email addresses just in case.

As a backup, in case you misplace the list, before you leave home send yourself an email of them that you can access shipboard through webmail.XXX.net or .com (where XXX is your ISP) :rolleyes:

As a backup, in case you misplace the list, before you leave home send yourself an email of them that you can access shipboard through webmail.XXX.net or .com (where XXX is your ISP) :rolleyes:

That is a great idea! Thanks!

Archived