Spleen, restaurants in Kaimuki??

hawaiideb

Spleen,

We are staying a couple of our Christmas vacation days with friends in the Kaimuki area. Did you mention a while back a couple of places that you like to eat in Kaimuki? Was one a diner or something? Plate lunch place? Just looking for new places, and wondering if you'd recommend anything in the area.

Debbie

I do really like 12th Avenue Grill. Town is good as well though not as fond of it as much as I like 12th Avenue - then again, only been to Town once so maybe they were having an off night. Maguro-ya is OK for me - not my favorite place. Dessert at Cafe Laufer is a must. 3660 on the Rise which is one of the original Hawaiian Regional Cuisine restaurants is located here but I don't think that they're as good as they used to be - things seem to be slipping a bit. One of my used-to-go-here-all-the-time-growing-up restaurants is in Kaimuki too - Kim Chee II - used to be fantastic Korean food - haven't been back in a while so don't know if they're as good as they used to be.

Onokinegrindz is a great blog site - I don't always agree with Reid's reviews (he eats his steak well-done *shudder*) but they're always entertaining. :)

No great plate lunch places in Kaimuki. But one of the all-time great places is a hop, skip, and a jump away on Kapahulu - Rainbow's Drive Inn.

Spleen

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to not get back to you sooner, this last week on the mainland has been wild- Fall weather stricking with a bone chilling blow in Kansas. Thanks for the suggestions. Glad to hear everyone is okay, hopefully no one lost too much food last weekend with the power outages.

We will certainly try a couple of those places! Thanks!

Debbie

P.S. Counting the months till our move back in late May/early June! Counting our pennies to pay Matson for the container too!!!

Archived