I have a guarantee on the Sovereign

Have you checked your booking online to see if a cabin has been assigned? I've never been lucky enough to find a sailing with guarentee cabins so I don't have a good answer. I would think soon though if it's not already showing online.

At the very latest your cabin assignment will be in the cruise documents you receive. Good luck on your guarantee. We always made out pretty well, but this cruise coming up we were assigned about the worst ocean view that Radiance has. It wouldn't be so bad if it were a short cruise, but it is eight days. I wish I had paid the extra and assured myself a "true" ocean view cabin.

It truly depends on how far out the cruise is scheduled. I booked a gty on the Sovereign for the 10/16 sailing and had my cabin assigned the next day - but I was within 3 weeks of the sailing when I booked. Other gty cabins I have booked did not get assigned until doc's were ready (2 - 4 weeks prior).

At the very latest your cabin assignment will be in the cruise documents you receive. Good luck on your guarantee. We always made out pretty well, but this cruise coming up we were assigned about the worst ocean view that Radiance has. It wouldn't be so bad if it were a short cruise, but it is eight days. I wish I had paid the extra and assured myself a "true" ocean view cabin.

This cruiser's post is a perfect example of the axiom that you should book the stateroom with which you will be happy and that you will enjoy, and that guaranty options or booking a lower category and hoping for an upgrade should be done only by those who will not have misgivings about the realtively less appealing staterooms that are possibilities.

We love the Radiance, it is an elegant ship, and I love some of their 8 day itineraries though I have not been on one yet (are you doing the 8 day eastern?). Might I ask, which room you have been assigned? I hope you will find plenty to love about your cruise on an elegant ship.

When will I get the room assigned?

I booked a cruise with the RCCL Travel Planner via phone late last Friday in a category that only had gty rooms available. The planned asked if I knew it was a gty, and told him I did. Checked my "my cruises" area last night (3 nites later), and found I had been assigned. Original would have been deck 6 for the gty I had, but got deck 9 ... went from Deluxe Balcony to Superior Balcony. Turned out to be a good deal!! A really good deal indeed.

Archived