Cozumel shore excursions recommendation for young kids

TwinsMommy

Hi,

I have a few questions about Cozumel shore excursions.

(1) Some excursions have short durations. For example, the Dolphin Encounter is 3.5 hours, but the ship is docked from 8 to 4. What do you do for the remaining time? Do you need to return with the arranged transportation?

(2) There are 2 dolphin tours, which one is better for young kids (4 year old)? Dolphin Encounter at Chankanaab Park or Dolphin Encounter at Puerto Aventuras?

(3) As for our back-up plan :) for Cozumel, which beach tour is better: Isla Pasion Beach or Playa Mia Beach?

Thanks.

Hi,

I have a few questions about Cozumel shore excursions.

(1) Some excursions have short durations. For example, the Dolphin Encounter is 3.5 hours, but the ship is docked from 8 to 4. What do you do for the remaining time? Do you need to return with the arranged transportation?

(2) There are 2 dolphin tours, which one is better for young kids (4 year old)? Dolphin Encounter at Chankanaab Park or Dolphin Encounter at Puerto Aventuras?

(3) As for our back-up plan :) for Cozumel, which beach tour is better: Isla Pasion Beach or Playa Mia Beach?

Thanks.

Usually your tour will start and finish at the pier where the tender boats bring you. Most people will do some shopping near the pier or get a margarita (or two) before or after their tours. If you pick a morning tour, you can shop in the afternoon til you get too tired (or run out of money) and go back on the ship.

The only tour I've done there is the city highlights and shopping tour. It's not really worth the $49 they charge. If you or your kids get motion sickness very easily, I'd avoid taking any boat rides across to the beaches near Cancun. They can get pretty bouncy. Our table mates did that and two of them were so naseous, they didn't come to dinner that night.

Archived