Live from the Sun 10-11-06

WK-Orlando

Hello All...

Starting up the thread for this ride. We are over 50 CC folks on this trip so we should get some good info here.

To kick off...

We were on the Sun for the same trip last year and she is still a nice ship. Showing her age a bit but not bad. Do hope she goes in for a remodel soon though as I would like to see her stick around.

New cruise director. Can't remember his name but will post later. Seems nice and much younger than the average. Dep Dir is Julie from Tazmania. She was on last year as well.

Tony Cherry kicked off the first night. Great singer for these venues and I am waiting for his full performance later in the trip.

Dancers have gone down hill badly. We thought the bunch last year were ok but a many need some serious training and a couple need far fewer trips to the desert counter... :( Seems they pulled the best of last years bunch off and found some even worse ones to put on. Has the Sun become the dumping ground? The Sea in May had a great dance cast and good singers so not sure why Sun keeps getting this lot... Will let you know about the singers when we get to see them both tonight.

Lots of familiar faces amoung the staff as well.

btw, I am starting a new thread. 'Does Princess have something against Chocolate?'

WK

Yahoo! Can you tell us future SUN worshipers if they have new mattresses? Have heard past cruisers complain and wondered if they replaced them. I'm super excited to be going over the Thanksgiving Holiday :D

We just got off the Sun Princess 10/11/06 ~ not sure if they changed the some of the dance crew, because the dance crew we had looked wonderful.

We thought the Sun looked fabulous for its age especially comparing to Celebrity Galaxy when we sailed her in May to Rome.

The bedding in our inside cabin was great. We had a marvelous 17-day trip and loved everything about it.

The Horizon Court is a bit small and can cause some congestion. The fresh water pools are a big PLUS and the crew was so friendly. We will sail with Princess again;)

I am on the Sun Princes on 11/30/06 sailing. Can you verify if there is a steam room available on this ship? If so, is there a charge to use it?

Note: I am not interested in a sauna room which offers dry heat, but a steam room.

Thanks and hope you have a fantastic cruise.

Can't say about a steam room but would think they have something...

As for the bedding, the new sheets and comforter top are very nice but the mattris is rather sad. Better than the old maybe but I made them change mine as it was broken on one edge and I was sleeping at a list that reminded me of the Diamond stories... :p

I know they are trying to improve the beds as the older crowd is going elsewhere to better beds. I am considering it myself for the next trip.. Last ride, I was hitting the meds hard for back pain on the old beds. This at least seems tolerable once they got me a new one.

As for the entertainment, just came from Curtain Up. Seen it many times with different performers. The headliners were ok to good. The man fits the role well and has a good voice and the woman is also ok. The dancers are a mixed bag of odds and ends. They usually try to coordinate them as a group so they look good together. This bunch is very awkward together. Some good, most ok to ehhh... I think we are coming up on contract rollover soon so maybe that explains it... Don't mind me too much though as the shows are normally my favorite part of the trip and I am feeling more than a little let down this time. Holding out hope for the other performers. Noticed that the turn out for the stage show was a bit light tonight so maybe it is not just me...

Think I will shoot for Island or Coral next time as they have nicer stage venues and groups.

Really like this ship though! Just needs a bit of spiffing and an entertainment overhaul... AND MORE CHOCOLATE!!!!

Archived