Comments on Old San Juan

Shorview75

WOW. I really didn't read about people commenting on the COACH store in San Juan. I got the greatest deals on two purses. Basically, I got two for less then the original price of one. I had a lot of fun.

We stayed at the Sheraton in Old San Juan. They didn't have our reservations (2 rooms) but they were able to accomodate us (a little nervous bc they were packed).

Ate at the Parrot Club. Honestly, wasn't that impressed. The inside reminded me of many restaurants in the states. Did enjoy a drink at this little outdoor restaurant/bar along the castle (El Morro) wall. Would like to have dinner in this little outdoor mall (I remember on MY FAIR BRADY they ate there. Looks cute-next time)! BUT we did LOVE La Bombonera for breakfast. If you are in a rush, don't eat here. The coffee was great, the pasteries were awesome and they serve french fries with breakfast :-). They have the best breakfast sandwiches. It was like the Cheers (minus the booze) of Old San Juan. Everyone knew eachother.

Afterwards, we walked up to El Morrow (we did the Legends of Puerto Rico walking tour last year, so we were able to show my parents around-the stuff we remembered).

Have fun!

Thank you for this info. My hubby and I have a late flight to San Juan Sunday October 29 for our 7 day cruise. We don't arrive till after 5pm. Will COACH be open this late? As for eating, we will eat on the ship when we arrive but plan to come back off the ship to take a look around. I have never been to San Juan, hubby has. I would like to see the old forts and things like that. I have heard plenty about them, including that they close at 4pm which is too bad for us. But I want to go anyway and see what ever I can. As for shopping, I have heard that very few shops stay open late which is a bummer also. Would love to pick up some "deals" like you did. Any suggestions?

Archived