Horseback Riding

Sidetracker

Would love some input on this subject also!! Please help. I have never been to Aruba and would like to know if anyone has done the horse back riding? We are either giong to do it there or in Cozumel, which is through the rain forest. Please HELP!!

Joyce from Maine

I've done horseback riding in Cozumel.... We went to a "ranch" with some ruins and alot of trees on the opposite side of the island from where you port. It was alot of fun, but bring some bug spray if you're wearing shorts, just in case. It's been about 8 years since I was on the cruise (Destiny) when we did this excursion though.

I'd personally love to horseback ride on the Beach in Aruba if I have the chance... Looking into that for my upcoming October Cruise.

My two daughters, son-in-law and I went horseback riding in June at Rancho Notorious. I had sent an e-mail to them to make reservations and they picked us up by the ship (were late, but made it there), and drove from there to the "ranch". Note: no confirmation on the e-mail, so when driver was 1/2 hr. late I was ready to leave, figuring things had gotten screwed up. Place wasn't very fancy, and ended up the only ride they had going out was the 3 hour ride for more money. That was the bad stuff. Now for the good stuff. The horses were in really good shape - Paso Finos which meant very comfortable to ride. Some were kind of pushbutton, but not totally. There was a group of 12-15 with two guides. We went out through a desert looking area, then along a sand road near the beach - did not ride on the beach though. Mostly walk and trot, with a short gallop along a seperate route for those who wanted it. Stopped at the lighthouse for rest and soda, then back in the saddle for the ride back. Ride back was shorter & more through town type area and along road. I really enjoyed it and would do it again. My son-in-law decided I must really hate him to make him do such a thing (after first five minutes was ready to call it quits - not a rider!)

Hope info helps!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They're into riding in Aruba. And if you know how, they'll really let you cut loose through some awesome terrain.

The best two are Rancho Daimari http://www.visitaruba.com/ranchodaimari/

and Rancho del Campo http://www.ranchodelcampo.com/

A poster that has done both preferred Rancho del Campo (a little friendlier?) over Daimari. We had a truly thrilling ride though with Daimari. They are both excellent and offer similar products.

I would pick one of them over Rancho Notorious because these ride through the wild national park terrain on the Atlantic side rather than near the less interesting terrain of the hotel region.

Both do 2-3 hour rides that you can do in the AM with pier to pier transport included. You can then hit a beach or beach-snorkle site in the afternoon. We did a ride out to the Natural Pool along the Atlantic for a brief swim with an INTENSE gallop through the dunes on return, then hit Palm Beach by cab in the afternoon. It rates as one of our best days in the islands. There are several posts on the ports of call board. St. Lucia has a nice - more sedate - riding operation too (amazing scenery there).

Hope this helps!

Hi-Ho Silver Away!

• 2 months later...

pholter, did you end up riding in Aruba in October? Would like an update if you did. I emailed Rancho del Campo and never got a reply back so I figured I'd sign up for reservations and see if I get anything back. My only question is our ship docks at 8am and the trip is at 8:30. Will we have enough time to get there and will they pick us up at the dock? Hopefully we'll hear back soon.

• 1 year later...

Archived