Dress help

melodienj

Thanks all for your comments.:)

I feel better now. I showed it to my husband and he kind of wrinkled his nose and said........."well its ok i guess"

I have a feeling it will look even nicer in person and with the right accessories he might take back his wrinkled nose. lol

As for the figure to wear it..........well its good incentive to loose these extra pounds I have put on in the past year. I have 11 months to prepare and this dress is a good excuse to get off my butt and start exercising again. ;)

Thanks all for your comments.:)

I feel better now. I showed it to my husband and he kind of wrinkled his nose and said........."well its ok i guess"

I have a feeling it will look even nicer in person and with the right accessories he might take back his wrinkled nose. lol

As for the figure to wear it..........well its good incentive to loose these extra pounds I have put on in the past year. I have 11 months to prepare and this dress is a good excuse to get off my butt and start exercising again. ;)

If it were me, I'd find out why my husband wrinkled his nose :) . Does he think it's too informal, or does he just not like the dress?

I think it's completely appropriate for a formal night on a ship and a welcome change from the sea of black. But, I'd not be happy if my husband didn't like what I was wearing.

I think I'm pretty lucky that my husband will be honest with me and I'm not one who gets my feelings hurt over things like this. So, ask him again, find out his true feelings.

If it were me, I'd find out why my husband wrinkled his nose :) . Does he think it's too informal, or does he just not like the dress?

I think it's completely appropriate for a formal night on a ship and a welcome change from the sea of black. But, I'd not be happy if my husband didn't like what I was wearing.

I think I'm pretty lucky that my husband will be honest with me and I'm not one who gets my feelings hurt over things like this. So, ask him again, find out his true feelings.

I agree with Kathy - find out from your DH what he doesn't like about the dress. No matter how much you like it, if it doesn't take his breath away keep looking. (Personally I really like the dress:) ).

I agree. I have been eyeing a cocktail dress for a few months now and it went on sale for 75% off last week. My DF was with me when I stopped at the store to buy it.

He took one look, made a face and referred to it as a belly dancer dress.:eek: He has great taste and is generally very complimentary on my clothing choices so I trusted his judgement on this one.

I decided not to buy it after all.

Hello all,

Thanks for the responses.

I took your advice and asked my husband what he didn't like about it and he said..........the pattern looks like leopard print.

I am hoping its just the picture that makes it look that way. I bought it today but if he still does not like it when he sees it in person I guess it will stay home.

Thanks again :)

I agree with the other posters. I think it is pretty, but I wouldn't wear it if DH didn't like it. He has to look at you all night :)

Good point...I guess you girls can tell that I've not had many guys in my life that I felt had any fashion sense....hence, my comment about the dress. Now..please understand, having been single 41 of my 43 years (maybe I've been wearing the wrong dress?? :eek: ), there have been a lot of guys...just not very many that knew a stripe from a solid...:D

Archived