Rhodes: Local Bus to Lindos

Hi All-

Want to do Rhodes on my own and was wondering if any of you intrepid souls had ever taken the local bus to Lindos? Where does one buy tickets, how frequently do they run (if you recall)?

Also, can you recommend a place to sample some wonderful Greek food for lunch, either in Lindos, Rhodes town, or otherwise? I am trying to bypass the usual mediocre food for tourists and will go out of my way on the island if I have to.

Thanks so much!

Jeana

Hi All-

Want to do Rhodes on my own and was wondering if any of you intrepid souls had ever taken the local bus to Lindos? Where does one buy tickets, how frequently do they run (if you recall)?

Also, can you recommend a place to sample some wonderful Greek food for lunch, either in Lindos, Rhodes town, or otherwise? I am trying to bypass the usual mediocre food for tourists and will go out of my way on the island if I have to.

Thanks so much!

Jeana

We did this a bunch of years ago....And almost missed the ship..The bus driver had to stop for gas, and there were nuns praying on the bus who sat in back of us. As we were driving, out in the middle of nowhere, there's a light--and we're waiting, we're waiting. About 5 minutes later, a car from the other direction comes...

To get the bus, you have to go thru the town of Rhodes, and the bus is on a side street....I used Let's Go--and it told me everything....As far a Greek food--what we get here in the states is Americanized. THe only gyro I ever xperienced was in Rhodes. Never had a problem with food in Greece--it was all good....Some people have their preferences of restaurants, tho'.

Archived