Wedding gown for Vow Renewal-Tacky?

I never got a chance to wear a wedding dress for our wedding almost 30 years ago. We are planning to renew our vows on the Radiance of the Seas for our 30th anniversary. My husband and son plan to wear tuxes. Would it be tacky for me to wear a wedding dress at this stage in my life (just past 50). I would attempt to get something simple-nothing with a long train.

I would like to get some imput on this. Thanks.

Joan

Yes, wear the bridal gown. I am getting married for the first time at 50 aboard the Carnival Legend next May. I will wear an Demetrios Ivory beaded chiffon A-Line gown with a chiffon train. The dress is elegant and has shear bell sleaves with beading.

• 3 months later...

Absolutely not!

We are also celebrating our 30th anniversary on the Grand Princess by renewing our vows. DH is wearing his tux and I am wearing a Maggie Sottero "Celine"...light gold, strapless, A-line, lightly beaded with a sweep train and a very small handmade crystal tiara. Go for it!!!! We deserve it.

Thanks Kansas. Congrat's to you as well. I have met a lot of people on the boards lately who are all going to be celebrating their 30th anniversary soon.

I did purchase a simple wedding gown at Alfred Angelo. It is an ivory strapless gown with a sweep train. It has a band of beading and sparkly stuff at the top and the rest of the dress is plain. It also comes with a matching wrap to cover up my upper arms. I had tried a lot of gowns on, but when I tried this one, I felt special.

Enjoy your special day!

Joan

• 1 month later...

We had a ceremony last Sunday, and it exceeded my expectations. We ended up having it at a restaurant, so our friends and family could attend.

We are sailing on Sunday on the Radiance to celebrate.

Have a wonderful time in April.

Archived