NCL Majesty - To book or not to book???

teachkind1

HI all!

My family and I are cruise addicts and it's about time for another fix. We've been looking into the W. Caribbean itinerary on the Majesty from Charleston since we live in NC. You really can't beat the price ( want to go around Xmas) but we're concerned about the negative reviews we've read. We'd like to hear from anyone who has been on the Majesty recently. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Rhea

You don't say which other lines you think are best for you but you can expect a different kind of cruise on NCL not only with their freestyle "have it your way" dining but also their overal ship ambience. We've done 2 NCL's the Sea which is similar to the Majesty and the bigger SKY. They both meet our needs for cruising. The biggest hurdle to get over is the smaller cabin size.
I can find problems and things I don't like about any cruise ship. I found NCL to offer a very nice product for the price. Food was above average, good in some things and not so good in others. Since you are close and you know what cruising is all about it's worth the gamble. Take into account the Majesty goes into dry dock for upgrades and redos in October so that should help make your decision on the plus side. NCL dining offers so much in so many places you can always find something good to eat. Their shows and activites are fine althought maybe not as "fun" as other lines.
I thought about the same thing you did and after reading enough of the positive reviews and looking at the negative as coming from those people's whos glasses are always half empty anyway we booked it last week for this Feb. out of Charleston, a short drive for us too.

I had an aunt that sailed on N. Majesty last year. Whe raved about it - said it was better than she expected. She sailed to Bermuda instead of Caribbean, but she really enjoyed NCL and the ship as well as Bermuda itself.

If I were you, I would go for it - especially if the price is right.

The Majesty is a wonderful smaller ship. Yes the cabins are small but that can be overlooked. We went in 2002 and are going again this August. There aren't as many activities as the mega liners have but it is a nice relaxing cruise. The food was fine. The service was great. We love cruising on the Majesty. You can bet we will be going on her again.

We are booked on our 4th cruise on the Majesty, so obviously we love it! Yes, the cabins are small (but how much time do you spend in your cabin anyway?), but we love the size of the ship; it's so easy to find your way around. We've never been dissatisfied with food, service, shows or entertainment. And, true, you can't beat the price! Go for it, and have a wonderful time!

I, too, love the Majesty for all the previously stated reasons....mostly I like the size and layout. I have been on her three times to Bermuda and did the Charleston trip in January of this year. I'll be leaving on her again in three weeks!

Archived