Countryside Tour

frugal one

Celebrity lists this excursion as:

“Countryside Tour - An overall sightseeing tour of La Romana and its surroundings; comfortable “safari-style” open top trucks will take you into the Dominican countryside. See and feel the lifestyle and friendliness of the local people, come with us to visit the sugar cane plantation where you will try fresh cut sugar cane and learn about this amazing industry. Then, sightsee the largest collection of Orchids & Cactus in the Dominican Republic. From there, visit a cigar factory where you will see Dominican cigars being made. For souvenirs, you will be taken to a gift shop where you are greeted with a Mama Juana welcome drink, sample fresh exotic fruit, browse around and shop for approx 45 min. before returning to the pier.”

The questions I have are:

· How many people were on the tour with you? Was there room for everyone?

· Type of people that would enjoy this excursion?

· What scenery/wildlife did you see?

· How were the stops? Anything we need to know in advance?

· How are the tour guides?

· How much time is spent loading/unloading people from the truck?

· Did you meet locals?

· Any kids begging? If so, what did you give them?

I can’t wait to hear your stories and adventures!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went to http://www.cruisecal.com and put in Casa de Campo, Domincan Republic as the port.

I put in 10/23/2006 thru 03/30/2007 as the dates.

What came up were the following cruise lines:

Celebrity (Millenium)

Costa (Magica & Mediterranea)

It looks like the first in port this winter season is Costa Magica on 11/30.

And the second is Celebrity Millenium on 12/12.

So my idea is to gain the wisdom and experience of those of you who are stopping early in the season to this magnificent island. And it’s people, beauty, culture, and environment. If you have anything to share (the good, the bad, the ugly) those of us coming after would greatly appreciate it! Or if you already have visited, we’d love to hear your stories too!

i'm on the celebrity millenium dec. 12 and we get cheated.. our departure is 8 p.m. which negates doing the kandela show at the amphitheater.. if you are offerred that excursion do not miss it.. you can even go to their website under kandela.. its an awesome show in an awesome place.. i saw it last time when on a costa ship.. also we took the electric bike tour which i enjoyed.. this time we are doing the bayibe beach break at athe resort.. our ship docks at 1 pm. and leaves at 8 so we don't get much beach time.. only 4 hours.. this is not an island you want to go off on your own.. but definitely take some kind of tour and get to see the beauty.. there is an excellent golf course if you're a golfer at casa de campo

Archived