A Note/Question to the Moderators

hawt1

Since Mike took the first question, I'll take the second. The reason some threads are moved off the Royal Caribbean board is that they don't have to do specficially with Royal Caribbean or we believe the OP will receive more informed answers on another board (a port of call board, for example). Also, this forum is extremely active, as you know if you regularly read or participate here. The number of new posts every day is tremendous and since we hosts are volunteers, we moderate the boards when we're not attending to our lives -- our careers, our families, our travels, etc. So you may see a thread that doesn't belong on the board for several hours or even a day, but if it needs to be moved, it eventually will be.

Thanks, Mike, for trying to explain our position here, but occasionally -- like yesterday -- I feel it's a losing battle. We try to keep up with the removal of posts that violate community guidelines so that useful information remains, but sometimes despite the deletion of rude and offensive posts, the posters keep coming back looking for a fight. At that point we have two choices: remove the entire thread permanently or move it off the board temporarily while we attempt to clean it up. There is no hard and fast rule, but usually if I have to remove more than 30% of the posts, the thread remains off the boards. In the case of the Mariner thread, I thought it contained enough important information that it should be closed but returned to the boards.

I, too, would not want to sail on a ship with a large group because the dynamics of the ship are changed in that instance. And I would have been hopping mad if the solarium were permanently closed (if that is actually the case) to anyone other than members of a group. I thought the discussion of the OP's experience was important, but I do not support, and this site will not tolerate, offensive comments about any group based on ethnicity, religious beliefs, political leanings, sexual preference, etc. If that leads us to remove a thread from the boards, we will do so.

Karen

HostKaren@CruiseCritic.com

Let me ask you,why did you keep removing all those Danajjj(the one where the pax was asked to give up her cabin) threads a couple of weeks ago?? I saw nothing offensive in those:confused: :confused:

We are not going to research old threads to get specifics as to why any action was taken.

I feel between Karen and myself, we have answered this question.

Thank you everyone for this interests. I am glad we were able to clear this up.

Mike

Archived