Sf Liquor Store Near Pier?

Mary Jane 711

We are flying into Oakland in the morning. Plan to take a shuttle to the pier. Can we drop off our luggage and go to a liquor store somewhere nearby (Princess Dawn) and buy some wine, sodas, water and easily bring it on board from there? Thanks for any responses.

There is a Walgreens, Safeway and Trader Joe's located on Bay St near Powell. It is probably is six to eight block walk from the cruise terminal. The cruise terminal is basically at Embarcadero at Bay St. You can also get a bus down North Point which is one block north of Bay St. There used to be a Walgreens really close to the piers but it was closed last time that I went. For wine I would suggest Trader Joe's or Cost Plus World Market which is on North Point near Taylor. Cost Plus carries a larger selection of wine than Safeway or Trader Joe's.

Two links from my posts in Dawn Sep 26 Roll Call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=7844548&postcount=48

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=7791432&postcount=43

You will find boarding chaotic -- but still worthwhile to stock up after "surrendering" your luggage to the porter. We boarded as B2B at Vancouver, got off at SF to pick up wine at Safeway! For CA wines, other than Costco, we find Safeway quite good. /Sultan

Thank you so much Sultan. I found your directions and link to the map very helpful. I printed them both out and will use them when I get there. We are staying post cruise in the area, at the Tuscan Inn, which is on North Point St. I think everything will be easy to get to. Thanks again, Mary Jane.

P.S. My cruise is Dec. 1 on the Dawn!

Archived