AMSTERDAM South America cruise

Leslieswiger

I just got a call from my "TA" about my cruise. She said that HAL does require Yellowfever shots. ALSO...if you take a non HAL land tour, you will most likely NEED a "V I S A" for that country.:eek: Just wanted to past this on. Check with YOUR TA. Leslie

I was on the Amsterdam for the South America cruise this past March and did not require a visa or yellow fever shots. HOWEVER, we ended our cruise in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Some of the SA cruises go on up to Brazil, where I'm told you need a visa. You might want to double check on both the yellow fever and the visa. You DO have to pay $100 entry fee to Chili, if you're from the U.S. Other countries have different fees. Just an fyi. It's a GREAT cruise!!! I loved it!!!

We were on this cruise last December. Brazil requires a visa before you can enter. Can not buy it there. Can't even get on a plane. American checked our passport for the visa. No yellow fever vacination required. check what your TA is taking.

I concur with lipopop---we were on the Amsterdam last December as well, and if you are going to Brazil, you WILL need a visa-$100 per person plus processing fee, I think $10 per person. The Brazilian embassy in the US has a web site with all information on it on how to obtain one. At that time, you only needed yellow fever shots if you were going to the interior of Brazil. We stayed in Rio and a day trip to Petropolis and did not have to get the shots. Check CDC web site for the latest shot info. If you are fying into Chile, there is a $100 entry fee for US citizens, to be paid in CASH before you even get to their immigration folks at the airport in Santiago. I don't know how it works if you are disembarking from the ship in Chile, however. Hope this helps!

Archived