The SUMMIT and Digital Camera issues

redphoenyx

OK....Now I'm very confused. :(

I was told on these boards that you can have your digital camera pics downloaded to a CD on the Summit for a small fee.

I called Celebrity because I'm the ever-doubting Thomas and they said the Summit does NOT have the capability of doing this. :mad:

Now, I'm up a creek without a paddle. :eek:

Is there any ports in Alaska that I might be able to have the pictures my memory cards changed over to CD?

Anyone just come off the Summit and find that maybe this Celebrity representative is wrong and you can download your pics to a CD?:confused:

Who ever told you this by Celebrity is incorrect. The Summit has a computer lab and I-cafe just like the Infinity, and I was on Infinity last week. You can download your media/pictures to the Summit's server (and the readers accept 8 different styles of media) in the computer lab. On the last day of the cruise you can burn all of your pictures to a CD for $ 15.00. Hope this answers your question.

There is no charge to use the computer lab. The charge is at the end of the cruise when you purchase the CD for $15. Great deal. You can also go to the internet cafe onboard and look at your pictures and fix them all you want at no charge. The charge is when you go on the internet.

mercury has computers in a few places around the ship, but no computer lab. Unlike Infinity, there was a charge for any use of the computers, not just for internet. On Infinity I was able to write my emails out off line at no charge, and then copy and paste into my email program.

I was on the Summit the week of 6/04/04. The computer lab on the Summit is used quite extensively for computer course which are available for a fee on a first come basis. I took 2 of 3 courses offered on Adobe Photoshop Elements and the classes were full. The course were definitely geared to the beginner and many people felt they were very worthy while. In between class and in the off times you could go into the lab and download pictures as has been previously stated. I had my laptop with me and downloaded to it daily and sometimes more often. I ended up taking over 3,000 pictures :D while in Alaska. A few of them are available for viewing at www.jprphotos.com I am limited to 5gb of bandwidth per month and I am quickly approaching my limit which resets the 23rd of each month, so if you have trouble viewing them check back after the 23rd.

JPR

• 9 months later...

Why would you need to put them on a CD, you might wont to purchase a larger media card.

and as far how much a cd will hold, depends on the size of the pictuers, and the resolution. a blank cd typical holds 750 Mega bytes.

Archived