Anyone use BelizeCruiseExcursions?

cruisin.in.a.kilt

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I'm not crazy about heights...anyone done the Zip line tour that can give me any insight? Do you feel safe? Did anyone in your group whimp out? What if you get up there and just CAN'T step off the platform? I really think I will love the experience, but am also afraid of wasting the day and $$ if I hate it!

Yes, we used BelizeCruiseExcursions when we were there in April. We took a tour with Dale and enjoyed it. He doublechecked what time we all had to be back at our various ships and made sure we had plenty of time. ALtun Ha was great and Dale knew a lot about it. We also added the Jungle tour. Across from ALtun Ha is a "shack" that sells drinks and has parrots. Very cool! Dale also added a tour of Belize City and a stop at his uncle's house for some rice wine. Enjoy yourself!

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't done the zipline in Belize, but I have done it in Costa Rica, Jamaica and Alaska. We were with my 72 year old grandmother in September and she did it with us. She wasn't sure what she was in for at first, but she really liked it. She said that she would definitely do it again. All three zipline tours were very similar. The guides are very good and they always use every safety precaution. It was sooooo much fun!! Enjoy!!

• 6 months later...

Was wondering if anyone has used these guys more recently?

I was thinking of using them for the Altun Ha tour as their price is good.

Also wondered if anyone has done the Altun Ha and then the Zoo - are they anywhere near each other? is it do-able in one day? The kids would love to see animals (even the parrot across the way would please them, but Toucans would be better!)

thanks.

We used Belize Cruise Excursions for the Lamanai tour in February. Cannot speak to Altun Ha. Richard was our guide to the New River where Junior took over to take us by boat to Lamanai (a 24 mile journey) and then around Lamanai. What a great experience. Both Richard and Junior were very attentive and went the extra step to make sure we were having a great experience and got back to the ship on time - even more difficult because Lamanai is a long trip, but well worth it.

We even e-mailed Belize Cruise excursions from the ship (very expensive) to move the tour up one hour and they were very attentive.

I would book with them again. Have fun!

Also wondered if anyone has done the Altun Ha and then the Zoo - are they anywhere near each other? is it do-able in one day?

Altun Ha is north of Belize City while the zoo is west. I haven't tried it, but I don't think one day would do it.

I used Belize Cruise Excursions for the Lamanai trip, which is more involved than Altun Ha. They did a good job and got us back in time.

Archived