Radiance of the Seas - Door width question

MilliesMom

Does anyone know exactly how wide the doors are entering the cabin for a balcony room and also for a junior suite? My BIL often uses a scooter to get around and we are curious if the scooter will fit thru the doorway if they don't get a handicap acessible cabin. Hoping someone will know the width or has had experience with the scooter.

Does anyone know exactly how wide the doors are entering the cabin for a balcony room and also for a junior suite? My BIL often uses a scooter to get around and we are curious if the scooter will fit thru the doorway if they don't get a handicap acessible cabin. Hoping someone will know the width or has had experience with the scooter.

A lot depends on the size of the scooter itself. The larger ones will have difficulty, for eg. my DW's scooter is 24 inches wide and we would be hard pressed to enter a standard door because of both the width of the door and also the narrow hall way. We are in a GS on the Brilliance and these doors are larger... a wopping 28 inches..:eek:

I would suggest contacting special needs services at RCCL and asking them the door width of the specific room number and also measuring the scooter itself.

Tibear

A lot depends on the size of the scooter itself. The larger ones will have difficulty, for eg. my DW's scooter is 24 inches wide and we would be hard pressed to enter a standard door because of both the width of the door and also the narrow hall way. We are in a GS on the Brilliance and these doors are larger... a wopping 28 inches..:eek:

I would suggest contacting special needs services at RCCL and asking them the door width of the specific room number and also measuring the scooter itself.

Tibear

Thank you. I just e-mailed them. Hope they will be able to answer our questions. When we cruised on the Carnival Spirit in a mini suite, it wasn't an issue. On RCCL there are only 2 HA cabins that allow the 3rd person, so we need a backup plan just in case both of these are booked.

Archived