Intercontinental WEST Miami (near airport)

Cplanner

Has anyone stayed at the Intercontinental West Miami (near airport) recently? Just wondering what you thought of it. Clean? Safe area? Places to eat within walking distance? Price of taxi from hotel to port of Miami?

Thanks in advance!!

Has anyone stayed at the Intercontinental West Miami (near airport) recently? Just wondering what you thought of it. Clean? Safe area? Places to eat within walking distance? Price of taxi from hotel to port of Miami?

Thanks in advance!!

Hello The IC West is located in an area called Doral which is west of Miami International Airport. Its definately in a safe area and all up and down 87th Avenue there are plenty of restaurants to choose from such as Macaroni Grill, Shorty's BBQ Ribs (really Good), Longhorn Steakhouse, Flannigans, Chili's, etc...You would need to take a cab becuase its not an area condusive for walking. There is a little strip mall across the street with a quizno's and other little stores and there are two gas stations across from the hotel for beer, drinks, etc....

Its a fairly new hotel and its nice. Its only about 5 or 6 years old, I think I remember it being built back in 2000 or 2001.

The only downfall is that it is not close to the port/downtown area, beaches, Coconut Grove, or Coral Gables.

I got this hotel on hotwire for $78 in January for our pre-cruise. Has good reveiws on trip advisor. They also have free guest parking so I'm thinking about renting a car to get around before we leave. They do have a free airport shuttle so your cab fare to the port would only be from the airport.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived