More cutbacks on DCL

mom x4,grandma x4

Mom is right! One of the reasons we all go to Disney is for the fun, family atmosphere. Part of that Disney experience that is worth paying extra for is the little touches like the steel drum band by the pool and at the sailaway party.

Nice little munchies at the cocktail party aren't much to ask.

I have to say that we were on our first Disney cruise about 8 years ago at wonderful Florida resident rates, and it was wonderful. One of our best memories was the sail away party with our daughter dancing with Goofy to the music of the steel drums.

We are taking our son on his first Disney cruise on December 14th., and we have been talking about the sailaway party and the steel drums. I'm sorry that we'll miss that. He is 5 and loves the drums almost as much as his mom.:)

I'll get my letter off in the AM - a little late now.

Thanks again for all of your wonderful information Mom. You are the best about knowing the answers and answering all of our questions.

Debbie

Hi Debbie, thankyou for the kind words.

Hopefully enough PIXIE DUST will blow our way before your cruise that the Steel Drum band will be back!!!

I am going 11/25 on the Magic and will write a trip report when I return. I am going to try and ask to speak to the person who is in charge of the live entertainment on board so I can ask him about these changes, face to face!! Although I do understand he does NOT make the decisions.

He may have some news for us. I did meet the person on the Wonder who is in charge of this and he was very nice, that was about a year ago.

mom x4,grandma x4

P.S. Thanks for writing to DCL, every letter helps!!!

Archived