Russian Visas

Received our visas for Russia yesterday. We went through Zierer Visa Service, under Radisson. After completing the 2 page application, leaving some things blank, writing a page long letter to Zierer with questions, paying $311, it worked. They emailed me when they received the application, and emailed me when they sent it back Fed Ex. I had it sent to my TA because it had to be signed for, and I'm not always home. I applied for a double entry visa, 1 entry for St. Pete (even though we are touring with RO) and 1 entry for Moscow because we are doing the 4 day post cruise trip to Moscow with Radisson. I still can't believe it worked out, after reading so many posts about how hard (or easy) it was to get the visa. Any questions? I'll be glad to answer if I can.

Mary Lou

Things must really be changing. I got it straight from the Russian embassy in 2002 over the internet with not nearly the cost involved (maybe $50 if that). I had booked with a private guide, but Radisson offered me their local operator's name and address for the "invitation" letter or whatever. Do you "need" double entry for different excursions through different companies? This seems to be the question most often asked, or offered by the tour companies.

Archived