Disney Cruise Package 3 day park/4 day cruise

Matt in FL

We are considering taking a Disney Cruise vacation next year. We are looking at the 3 day park option with the 4 day cruise. We would be bringing our son who will be 1 1/2 at that time. We are also considering flying because there is a direct flight to Orlando from where we live. We're not sure on what resort to stay in while at the park. Any suggestions or advice.

Hi,

if you book the land sea package you will be offered specific hotels according to the cabin category you pick.

DCL has changed their policies a lot lately on this, so you would have to call them to see what hotels are offered according to what category you want on the ship.

Now if your booking separately, on your own, which alot of people do because they say it saves money. I would then recommend Pop Century resort. it is new, bright and cheery. It is a very basic room, but you are in the room so little, why spend the big bucks on a lavish room when you wont be in there to enjoy it.

If you want a upgraded hotel, I love Animal Kingdom, if you get on the savana side you can look out your balcony and watch african animals grazing nearby.

If you want to set the Caribbean theme for the cruise before you go, The Caribbean Beach resort or Polynesian are great for that.

All the hotels have food available and transportation to all the parks.

But for me, I would save some money to spend on the cruise by booking the Pop century, because I wouldnt be in my room accept to sleep.

But as I said, if you book the package deal they will offer hotels according to your room category.

i know they use Animal Kingdom hotel, Swan and Dolphin, Grand Floridian,The Contempory, for sure. But there has to be others because these are very expensive hotels.

I would advise calling DCL and just tell them what cabin category you want and ask what hotels are offered to you. Then post which ones and I will probably be able to tell you about them. We go to WDW al the time and our son works at WDW so I can ask him if I dont know about something. He has been in hotel management for WDW, so he does know quite a bit about the hotels, I would be happy to ask him questions once we know which hotels you are able to stay at.

mom x4,grandma x4

Howdy,

you can take the Magical express bus from the Orlando airport to WDW for free. As long as you are staying on proerty.

You can also PAY to ride the cruise line bus to the port from WDW and from the port to the Airport after the cruise. I do no tknow how much it is, the price just went up a few days ago, but it is spendy. DCL could tell you how much it is.

It may be cheaper to rent a car at the airport and drive yourself.

I think Hertz and one other have a store at cocoa beach too, so you can drive to there and return the car, they shuttle you to the port, then after the cruise they pick you up and take you back to their store where you rent the car again to drive to the airport for your flight home and return the car there. That way you dont pay for the car on the days you are cruising and dont have to pay for parking at the port. I'm sure you can check them out on line to make sure if it was Hertz or Avis, maybe both of them.

It is very easy to get from the orlando airport to WDW or the port. Port to the airport is about an hour. Port to WDW an hour and a half.

Airport to WDW about 30 minutes.

But if you dont want the hassle of driving, you can use their buses so you have NO worries about finding your way around.

mom x4,grandma x4

Archived