Coastal cruises like Island cruises??

howsthis

I have been on two Cairns cruises, one on the Sun and one on the Star. They both had all the same as the Island cruises; theme nights, duty free, watches bags chains, activities.

We didnt need a passport but had to show ID with photo as we went past Willis Island.

The last coastal in March we went on we had the cyclones, so missed out on Whitsundays (which was my favourite on the last), and had to be bussed from Cairns to Port Douglas as the ship couldnt get in there. There was also no talent show and half of the shows were cancelled as well (too dangerous on the stage). The overnight in Cairns was great.. some fun bars, one had a pole dancing competition!

Apart from the rough seas I really loved the coastal cruises.

Sue

I have been on two Cairns cruises, one on the Sun and one on the Star. They both had all the same as the Island cruises; theme nights, duty free, watches bags chains, activities.

We didnt need a passport but had to show ID with photo as we went past Willis Island.

The last coastal in March we went on we had the cyclones, so missed out on Whitsundays (which was my favourite on the last), and had to be bussed from Cairns to Port Douglas as the ship couldnt get in there. There was also no talent show and half of the shows were cancelled as well (too dangerous on the stage). The overnight in Cairns was great.. some fun bars, one had a pole dancing competition!

Apart from the rough seas I really loved the coastal cruises.

Sue

Thank you Sue, thinking of going on the Sun in May so hopefully weather may be a bit better although as an exQueenslander I know anything can happen. Taking my mum and it will be her one and only cruise so want to pick a good one.

I think May would be perfect, and your mum will love the coastal trip.

There was an island night on both of the coastal trips I went on. On the cyclone trip it had to be held in the disco as it was too dangerouse on the deck. Everyone still got into it though and made it a great night!

Archived