Laquinit or Sleep Inn - FLL

Brneyznfl

Hi, I have a ressie at both of these hotels for my cruise in Feb and need to make up my mind on which one to choose.

First concern is safety..It appears to me both of these hotels have rooms with inside cooridors. Also the safety of the immediate area with restaurants closeby within walking distance is a factor.

Reliability of hotel shuttle is important as I won't be meeting up with my roomie until the cruise and I'm going to depend on a shuttle from the airport and to the port. I feel more comfortable with this instead of taking a taxi.

Anyone familiar with these two hotels? Which would you choose? Thanks!

sorry for the typo in the heading..it's suppose to be Laquinta or Sleep Inn. The LaQuinta is located on N. 26th Ave and the Sleep Inn is located on SE 5th Ave in Dania.

In terms of safety, they're both located in safe neighborhoods. LaQuinta offers more nearby restaurants to choose from, Sleep Inn is only one and a half miles east of Hollywood Beach.

Tough to choose one over the other, both have received many favorable reviews from your fellow CC'ers. ;)

Thanks Bequia I was hoping you would answer. Your advise is invaluable on this board. I had read good reviews on both hotels so it was difficult to decide..lol. I'm not interested in the beach so I think I'll choose the Laquinta then, the courtyard looks pretty LOL Do you know if any of the area restaurants deliver to the hotel? Thanks again!

We have stayed at the Sleep Inn twice in the last few years prior to cruises. We have found it to be a very good precruise hotel. If you do not want to go to a restaurant for dinner, one option to consider is going to the deli in Publix and getting take out which you can take back to your room to eat. We did that once and it worked out well for us. Enjoy your cruise.

Archived