Jet Lag Question

WeR3Angels

Hi,

We are traveling from the East Coast to Hawaii for our cruise.

As we are planning our daily schedule, I am beginning to wonder if I am going about this the wrong way.

I was thinking we would have a tough time getting out of bed early (7AM tours) however, now I am thinking that perhaps I will do better with early tours instead of afternoon ones.

We wanted to go to Waimea Canyon on the first day of our cruise and booked the 1:30PM excursion.

Any help in solving this concern is appreciated.

TIA
Barb :confused:

they say the best thing to do is to try to reset your body to the new time zone you will be living in by trying to work at that time zone eat your meals that are closer to hawaii time then east coast time -- try to change you sleep times if you can---a 6 hr change is tougher then a 3 but give it a shot

From experience, I know I always "hit the wall" in the afternoon when I have bad jet lag. I think you will be wise to book a morning tour until your internal clock is regulated. For some reason, I seem to have less jet lag when I travel west than east. The jet lag wasn't nearly as bad when traveling to Hong Kong as it was to Stockholm. Also, some people swear by melatonin for jet lag. Discuss that with your doctor.

Archived