What do do if one drops out?

Peggy13

That's what I thought. I'm hoping this won't happen, but there are 7 of us women going in February and with final payment coming up in a month, I hope nobody backs out, but you never know (I would never back out myself).

If that should happen, maybe 3 of you could room together. That would be crowded, but not horrid, and the price wouldn't even be as much. The 3rd person is lower, and you could divide the total price amongst the three of you. You would have to do this before final payment, I believe.

If that should happen, maybe 3 of you could room together. That would be crowded, but not horrid, and the price wouldn't even be as much. The 3rd person is lower, and you could divide the total price amongst the three of you. You would have to do this before final payment, I believe.

That's what my mom did. 3 of her cousins & their spouses were going on a cruise, and they didn't want my mom to have to pay double to be able to come along. Fortunately, each of their cabins was able to accommodate a third person - so while she was only technically booked into one of the cabins as the third person, she slept two nights in each of the rooms so no couple would have to give up their privacy for the whole cruise (don't know how they worked it out with room keys, clothing, etc -- I doubt she packed it all up and moved every two days, though!) From a cost perspective, they took the total bill for the three cabins and divided it by the seven people cruising, and paid accordingly. She didn't have to pay the 100% single supplement -- but also didn't just pay the low third person rate.

Well, right now we had two double oceanview cabins and 1 Jr. suite with three of us. I'm not worried about any of the three of us backing out - but not too sure about the 2 doubles. I guess if one of them backed out, we would have to find a triple or jr. suite for the remaining three or another double and we could split the 3 of us up. It's Presidents weekend, so hope there would still be availability if this were to happen. Hoping this doesn't happen, but this has happened on other college reunion vacations with us. I'm just trying to prepare. (in my mind).

Do like I did when my family backed out of my cruise this coming February. Ask some of your brand new CC friends if they want to go with you (hi Roofing Princess).

yeah, that's another option (hi roomie!)

the thing is - if you're going to triple up, you will probably need to do so fairly soon, before max capacity for the ship is reached. Just because a cabin is capable of having a third person in it doesn't meet they can let you do it - there are regs regarding the # of people on the ship (silly rules, something to do with the number of seats in lifeboats :D ) so only a certain number of people can be booked as additional persons in cabins

Archived