Islander

cruisin'gal

Greetings Islander, My daughter will be getting married on Megans Bay while we are there in January. I would like to get her and her future husband a nice watercolor painting of Megans Bay, where could I find something like this, is there a local artist I should keep my eye open for? Thank you, Laura

There are several options - the easiest is Gallery St Thomas which is right on the first block of Main Street in town (on the right hand side of the street upstairs). They feature a large selection of artists in almost every medium.

Not too far outside town is Mango Tango, a very popular gallery. There's a popular watercolor artist who sells her prints there, but I'm not sure of her name - Lucinda??? We carry some of her reprints in our stores, so I'll check and try to remember to get back to you with her name.

You should be able to Google both places for more info.

Hello Laura,

Lucinda (Schutt) O'Connell, her website is http://www.artbylucinda.com/. Its likely the same person Ms411 is thinking of. You might ask her about her commissioned paintings as well, perhaps something customized for your daughter. Gallery St. Thomas' website is http://www.gallerystthomas.com/, they have a really nice selection.

--Islander

Archived