Vancouver Airport Priceline/Hotwire

hello

I want to stay at the Vancouver Fairmont Airport hotel. I have read through biddingfortravel.com and see that it is listed as a 4 star. I had never previously bid on Priceline, but I thought that I would try. I bid $50 and was of course turned down (and we need 3 rooms, too). I then went to look at Hotwire, and they have a 4* Vancouver Airport hotel for $78. I just couldn't find anyplace that listed what the Hotwire star equivalents were. Can anyone help? I know that my $50 was wayyyyyyyyy too low -- but forgive a newbie for being nervous!! Does anyone think that the Hotwire 4* would be the same as the Priceline 4*.

Thank you.

Yes, so have I, but I can't find to seem the answer to my question. I have tried to register on that board repeatedly, but it never works. I do like to read the reviews of the hotels -- always quite interesting.

If you go to http://www.tripsaver.com, then look for vancouver and click on the hotels that you want. There is usually comments from people that have stayed there.

The Fairmont is a great hotel. I think they've under rated it. The only complaint is it's probably 1/2 hr from downtown Vancouver.

You might want to check out hotels closer to downtown and the cruise terminal.

Thank you for the new website -- I love to read reviews. We are planning to spend the night before the cruise at the airport. My father is handicapped, and it just seems easier to stay there, and then catch a cab the next morning to the cruise terminal.

Archived