Grand Princess in Belize 1pm-7pm - Tips?

Susie

We will be on the Grand Princess in November and I just realized our time in Belize will only be from 1:00 pm until 7:00 pm. We usually do our own shore excursions but I'm concerned that with our limited time we may be forced to take a ship tour. Anyone have any ideas for us? I presume the local operators will be prepared for the Grand's arrival at 1:00 pm but I'm wondering how far we can go from Belize City and make it back it time. This is my first trip to Belize so any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Susie,

We are sailing on the Grand, Nov 13. We were wondering the same thing. We did a little research, and found that sunset in Belize City in mid-November is around 5:45 PM local time. By the time tenders make it to shore, it seems there will be limited time for many of the "regular" Belize excursions. Although we have never cruised, we were planning to do our own shore excursions. However, at Belize we are probobly going to do a Princess tour, since they give preference to their own excursions for the first tenders. We've read on many other posts that there isn't a whole lot to do in Belize City other than the excursions, so we figured we'd try to get off the boat first to have enough time to do some kind of excursion. The available excursions should be on the Princess Website 60-90 days before the cruise. We can't wait, since this will be our honeymoon.

Lee & Debbie

I agree with you that it will probably be best to do a Princess tour in Belize. We cruise often and typically do things on our own in port unless there is a time issue or a security issue. We've never had a problem getting back to the ship (although we've cut it pretty close a few times) but since Belize is a tender port and it seems the best activities are a distance from the tender drop off, I think it will probably be best to take a ship tour.

I have an e-mail into Mike about one of the ruin tours, specifically with regard to getting back in time. I'll let you know what he comes back with.

Have a wonderful honeymoon on the Grand.

Archived