Questions about Holiday?

stephuney

Hello,

Just off Holiday 10/28/06.

Lot's of posts here indicate no soap/shampoo, but we had it in our room.

Wireless Internet is avail in most public places on the ship and in some staterooms (i.e. under internet cafe - where our room was located...not good signal, but nonetheless....it was a connection.) You can use your laptop or rent one from Carnival for use.

As far as hookups for video games....not sure on that one. the tv's are older and all the connections are behind the television out of sight....I have seen places on top of the televisions for vcr's to sit...but have never seen one hooked up.. I am sure someone else will post a message re game systems working on board.

Stephanie - I'm pretty sure we did not have any shampoo in the samples but there was some kind of body soap in there. Also, no hairdryer. I would take my own just in case.

I also think if there are any hookups they will be in the back of the TV. I don't remember seeing them in the front at all.

I didn't try the wireless Internet on the Holiday but have on other ships. It's a really slowwww connection so be prepared to compose email etc. offline and just use it to upload and download real quick.

Have a great cruise! The crew on the Holiday are super. :D

Re the television and connections:

The connections are on the back of the televisions (these are old tv's - before front a/v jacks !!) which are mounted to shelves on the walls, about 6 feet off the floor. I went to look at the connections on the last cruise because the picture was kind of fuzzy...thought may be just a bad connection, but the television is mounted to the shelf and can not be turned....therefore, if you are able to hook anything up, you will likely need assistance with it.

Good luck!!!

I've had four delightful cruises on the Holiday. The showers had two built-in dispensers. One held liquid body soap, and the other had a combination shampoo/conditioner. Both were Dove products. The liquid body wash was fine, but there was not enough conditioning in the combo...so take your own conditioner.

The little amenity basket/bowl has lots of different sample-size products. I've always seen shampoo and conditioner, as well as other things....but they are one-use only size. You can ask your cabin steward for more if you like a certain product. He may be able to get them for you.

For some reason, the brackets for those soap and shampoo dispensers are still in the showers but the dispensers have been removed. Several people had told me that before I went last month and it was true. It looks like they left the brackets up so they can add them back at some point but they haven't had them up and working for some time now.

I just got off the Holiday 11/6 - we were in E186 - we had the dispensers in our shower!!

Great cruise!!! Easy off and on and so close to home! Worth doing just for that.

I had read Holiday was going to be retired next year, so I am anxious to see what ship we get!

We were in R77 and both dispensers were in the shower and both were full. I used the soap but I've never used shampoo/conditioner combos because I need ALOT of conditioner...lol I can't believe we had such a large room with twin beds and a 3' by 4' window for $149 for a 6 day cruise! The only disappointment is we only got 2 towel animals left for us during the whole trip and on my last trip on the Holiday on April 15 of this year, we had 4... Someone from Carnival called while I was on this trip and told my husband (he stayed home with the kids - what a GREAT hunsband he is!) they had a 5 night cruise on November 27 out of New Orleans they wanted to offer me for $70!

You said you were in R77. How was the vibration there? We are going in Dec. and are in R79 (right across the hall from where you were). In Aug. we were on the holiday and were in U82. Best I can figure, R79 is very close to the same location, just on the other side of the ship and 2 floors down. Thanks for any info you can give me.

The soap and shampoo dispensers there on our Oct 23rd. They were not there for our Sept 30th cruise.

Ebbette,

I wonder if that $70 was before port and tax. I just booked this cruise for Nov 27th and my rate was $80 fare plus 142.74 port & tax. I cant see them discounting the port/tax fees.

Dave

Holy Cow ebbette ... I cant imagine cruising that cheap!! WOW!!

Ok, so I will pack soap & s/c just in case ... I probably wouldnt have used the s/c anyway because I have troublesome hair, but I would have left the bard of soap at home for the dove body soap dispenser. Oh well.

Speaking of vibration ... I am in R102, which I am guessing is a good ways away from R77 ... think maybe I will make a most to see about vibration and smell in that area.

Thanks for all the responses!

Steph

I was on the Sensation, and there was no dispenser, but we asked the steward for one and they installed it. I am sure the same is likely on the Holiday, I am going in Jan. and will ask they install it if it is not already.

Speaking of vibration ... I am in R102, which I am guessing is a good ways away from R77 ... think maybe I will make a most to see about vibration and smell in that area.

Steph

Hi Steph,

Most of the vibration is in the rear. Your cabin is 6 cabins further back from R77 but on the other side. You are still forward of the midpoint on the ship.

Dave

.........I would have left the bard of soap at home for the dove body soap dispenser. Oh well.

Steph

Like in hotels, the small bars of soap will be in the bathroom and replenished as you need it. No need to take your own bar of soap.

The vibration wasn't bad at all, IMO. Once the rough seas calmed, it felt smoother than my previous trip in April in M6. This trip was $149 plus $32 port fees and taxes so those fees must be higher in New Orleans. If I do cruise out of New Orleans, I will save the parking fee because I would have someone drop me off and pick me up as I live right outside Baton Rouge.

We heard someone died of a heart attack on our cruise but I haven't seen anything about it.

I absolutely loved being so close to the water. They said we'd be 30 feet above the water on the Riviera deck but it seemed much closer. When the pilot boat came out to us, it was right outside our window and looked almost level with us. I thought it was cool...lol

Archived