Infinity - Hawaii 4/22/07 - Excursion questions...

Mack704

Mrs. Mack704 here - DH told me to go ahead and post the question I just posed to him!

We are booked to Hawaii - my first trip to the islands - DH was there on his first honeymoon (which doesn't count, as far as I'm concerned - and it was in 1978!).

I've gone through the list of excursions offered by Celebrity - some of which did seem interesting (I'm not sure about the helicopter rides - makes me very nervous), but I'm wondering if anyone can recommend excursions. Either those offered by Celebrity or by private tour companies - we're open to anything!

I've noted the vast wealth of information held by other CCers in the past - hoping some of you will share your experiences with us!

TIA! ;)

Mrs. Harvey

What might be of help is go to the Hawaii Ports of Call forum and check that out. There are so many excursions on each island. At least on Oahu(Honolulu) go to the Arizona Memorial. That is one sight not to be missed. Maybe some others have some ideas.

Marilyn

We didn't book any excursions! We rented a car on each island, and took off on our own. We had good maps, and had gotten a bit of information from friends/family who had been there.

Don't miss: the road to Hana, the road that is covered by lava, black sand beaches. Sorry I cannot tell you what island these places belong; all of the names are a jumble in my mind after a few years.

As far as luaus, we went to Germaine's Luau and it was great! We went before we ever boarded the ship. We heard others on the ship complaining about the luau they went to, but I don't know which one it was. I highly recommend Germaine's in Oahu. It is online.

Also, Pearl Harbor, which, again, we went to before we boarded the ship. Don't go with a tour, just go on your own, but you need to be there right before they open. The day we went, there were a couple of ships in, and that was the first day in Pearl Harbor's history that they had to turn tourists away.

Wish I was going as your tour guide!!

Shay

Archived