Galaxy Questions

Arubalisa

What types of computer classes are being offered these days and what is the charge?

I know there is a charge for Pilates or Yoga or whatever ;) . Is there a charge to use exercise equipment?

How much for the T-pool on an 11 night cruise?

Any guesses on how early passengers will be allowed to board in San Juan?

Our roll call has been having an ongoing discussion...

For you frequent X cruisers, anyone care to guess, on an 11 night cruise over Christmas & New Year's which will be the formal nights?

Last year there were 3 formal nights (4th formal night was optional which was Christmas Eve) for the 12 night Christmas cruise

First formal night (Captain's Welcome) last year was the 2nd night. It was however a day at sea...

Our first day at sea this year is not until Christmas Day (4th night of the cruise) which is formal anyway. I would like to "think" they will have a formal night before the 4th night of the cruise.

That leaves nights: 2 or 3 for a formal night.

Day 2 is Tortola

Day 3 is St. Martin: Day 3 also Christmas Eve which is usually "optional" formal anyway on 2 Christmas cruises I've taken

I have been told here that X does have formal nights even when the ship has been in port all day.

So, based on X's previous actions, I am leaning towards night 2 being formal. Would anyone agree that Tortola is an "easier" port than St. Martin which would reinforce my thought process here? Knowing that Christmas Day and New Years Eve will both be formal. New Year's Day is the last full day of the cruise (think packing night :( ).

Thanks one and all, as always, for any assistance you are able to offer. :)

Boy, that is a bunch of questions. We were on Galaxy for 14 days two weeks ago. Had a wonderful time. Here are the answers as far as I can remember.

Computer classes: Sorry, can't help you on this one. I am a tech professional and I think that the classes and computer help on X ships is their worst feature. Every teacher I have ever spoken to knew next to nothing and was only out to sell me something.

Exercise equipt: There is no charge to use any of it.

T-Pool: Cost for a 14 day cruise was $100. I believe they said this was the same price as a 10 day cruise. Suites and Captain's Club Elite were free. My bride and I paid the $100 but were disappointed when compared to the M Class T-Pool. The pool is stronger but the room is dark, hot and humid. We would not do it again.

Can't help you with the San Juan question. We were on a Mediterannean cruise. The same with formal night. If you have a sea day, those should be formal. They almost always are on X. All of ours were. It may change over the holidays.

Lisa,

I'm not sure of when your formal days and informal days will be. The holidays make it a difficult guess.

Regarding the exercise equipment, there is no charge for use of the exercise equipment. However, if you want to take a spinning class there was a $10 charge for the class, not for use of the bike.

Archived