NCL Spirit Review 7/10-7/14 Last Part

jmcspadd

[b][font=Arial][color=blue]Friday-At Sea[/color][/font][/b]

[font=Arial][color=blue]It was a sad day for Terrie and myself. We knew today that this awesome trip would soon be coming to an end. We used this day to say goodbye to the many guests and crew we had met on this voyage.[/color][/font]

[b][font=Arial][color=blue]Saturday-Disembarkation Day[/color][/font][/b]

[font=Arial][color=blue]We overslept on this disembarkation day. We ended up being the next to last people to leave the ship. But you know what that means--no lines through customs, extremely easy to find our luggage, and no hours and hours spent at the airport.[/color][/font]

[b][font=Arial][color=blue]Info on the Ship:[/color][/font][/b]

[font=Arial][color=blue]We were in a stateroom with balcony on deck 11. The room was ample size with one large bed. The bed seemed to be an odd size. It was definitely larger than a queen, but perhaps smaller than a king. Neither one of our suitcases would fit under the bed...garment bags and totes fit just fine. Next to the bed is a small night stand which holds a lamp and the telephone. There is an open shelve to put small items. Next to the balcony window is an easy chair and table. Next to the balcony door is a desk and chair. The desk has a mirror and drawer. This is also where the one 110v outlet is. It's not a dual outlet like we have in our homes. It is one single outlet...so bring a power strip. One mid-room corner of the room has the entertainment area. There is a counter top that holds the coffee pot, ice bucket, bottled waters, and drinking glasses. Above that, there is a shelve that houses the coffee service, coffee cups and wine glasses. The next shelve is an open area to store loose items, such as wallets and sunglasses. The top shelve holds the television. Below the coffee pot area are four drawers for clothes. The closet is fairly roomy with a top shelve, four corner shelves-for shoes, and a dozen hangers. The bathroom is divided into three separate areas; a decent sized vanity area with sink, shelves, drinking glass holders, and a soap dispenser. There is also a low powered blow dryer and a 110v electrical outlet for shavers. This outlet is two pronged only, and like the desk outlet, it is 500w max. Most American blow dryers are in the 1000w range. The shower has soap and shampoo dispensers. The tiled shower with its' sliding glass door, is nicer than many showers found in hotels. The water pressure and hotness is fine, and the shower head is adjustable and removable.[/color][/font]

[color=blue][font=Arial]The third area is the toilet room with a [/font][font=Arial]sliding glass door. This room is very small. No, it's downright tiny. I'm a large man, and I had trouble maneuvering in and out. It is by far the worse thing about this stateroom.[/font][/color]

[font=Arial][color=blue]The balcony wasn't as small as I had envisioned. I found it to have plenty of room. It has two chairs with cushions, and a small table.[/color][/font]

[font=Arial][color=blue]I had planned on doing more activities on the ship and taking in more shows, but I hadn't planned on the one thing that took up most of my time. The balcony. [/color][/font]

[font=Arial][color=blue]I ended up spending hours upon hours on my balcony. I would sit there, sipping freshly brewed coffee, watching the magical sights pass by. It was ever-changing and breathtaking. I couldn't pull myself away from it...nor did I want to.[/color][/font]

[font=Arial][color=blue]The ship is very much a one-of-a-kind vessel. Because of it's history in the Asian market, it is very oriental in style. I overheard some guests describe the decor as "cheesy," but I preferred the term, "unique." Bright colors are everywhere, as well as interesting art pieces on every deck. The most beautiful areas on this ship are the "Grand Centrum," "Galaxy of the Stars," and "Windows Restaurant."[/color][/font]

[font=Arial][color=blue]Best bar: Henry's Pub." Server Nannette, bar tender Eddie, and entertainer Scott Allman made for many enjoyable evenings.[/color][/font]

[font=Arial][color=blue]The staff on this ship was fantastic! Every need or whim of mine was met with a cheerful smile.[/color][/font]

[font=Arial][color=blue]I'm sure there were others on this ship that has plenty to complain about. Not me. My only complaint is a few of the meals in the main dining rooms were below my expectations. Perhaps if I would have ordered something different on those occasions it would have been just fine.[/color][/font]

[font=Arial][color=blue]This cruise on the Spirit was my most enjoyable vacation ever. Anyone who is lucky enough to have booked the Spirit in their future travel plans will have a vacation to cherish for the rest of your lives.[/color][/font]

[font=Arial][color=blue]Jay[/color][/font]

Glad to hear you had a wonderful cruise. We got back from our cruise on the Spirit on the 10th (the day you left). Sounds like your weather was much better than ours was but we also had a marvelous time. I've started posting some pictures, only to day 3 so far, but I'm working on it.
[url]http://community.webshots.com/album/162780827jBbbrf[/url]

[color=black]One other thing I forgot to mention:[/color]

[color=black]The infirmary was great as well. My wife had an allergic reaction to a sea weed wrap at the spa. The nice nurse and doctor met us in the infirmary after hours and they were great. They examined her thoroughly and gave her a shot. We were in and out in 20 minutes. I wish my LOCAL doctor was so fast. NCL also deducted the spa treatment from our on-board account, and we hadn't even asked...yet.[/color]

[color=black]Terrie also said this about the doctor. "Nice eye-candy." LOL:) [/color]

I noticed you are from Phoenix. What time did you leave Phoenix on Saturday and who did you fly with? We have 9 leaving and since we fly stand-by we may leave the day before. Thanks for the all the great info. After reading your room description I didn't notice if there is a safe in the cabin. Can you remember what nights were "forgettable" in the regular restaurants? Where was your balcony, front, aft or mid and did you feel the waves? Thanks for all your advise.

[color=black]woodz, We left at [/color][color=black]10 AM[/color][color=black] with Alaska Air. Not a good idea. If you can, definitely go the day before. There was no safe in our room-11626. We were located between aft and mid...on the port side. We only felt the waves on Sunday night. Otherwise, it was like cruising on glass. Sorry, I don't recall the nights of the "forgettable" meals. On those nights if I had ordered something different they might have been very memorable.[/color]

Archived