Jewel Review Nov 5th - 12th

atlantaCruise

atlantaCruise,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are taking our first cruise on the 17th of dec. I have been getting a little nervous about some of the reviews I have been reading about the Jewel. Like Monte said, it sounds like the ship he was on last year. I feel much better now. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind. Can you explain to me about the sail out of San Juan and the Fort. Sorry if this is stupid but like I said this is our first cruise. Also, the JollyMon is that something I can do ahead of time and how?

We did order the Anniversary package and I was glad to hear we could do the cheese plate instead of the canapes. Did you request that ahead of time or once you were on the ship? I am concerned about the new menu at LeBistro, but I am sure I can find something to try.

We are also staying 2 nights precruise at Intercontinental. We will diffently do Joe's.

Thank you. Sorry for all the questions

Cheryl

Cheryl,

So I missed some. The Jolly Mon was a private tour. These guys are great, you can email me and I will send you there website info and email address or you can type it in no spaces and it will come up, put the island name in there also.

The cheese plate, I called the day before, now I think of it I called a number on the letter that told me when we are getting it. I left a message on the voice mail.

Dont worry about the menu at Bistro, its great still.

If you are going to eat at Joes then get there at 5:30 when they open or you will have to wait. It is a hopping place but well worth it if you do wait.

(email me at Jenkins1165 at yahoo if you want the info for Jolly Mon)

AltantaCruise - would you mind sharing your contact information for the private charter in St. Thomas? We have been there a number of times and I would really like to try something new. Is it better for me to email you??

Thanks!!!! :D

AltantaCruise - would you mind sharing your contact information for the private charter in St. Thomas? We have been there a number of times and I would really like to try something new. Is it better for me to email you??

Thanks!!!! :D

Sure, email me at the jenkins1165 at yahoo ORRRR you can email at svjollymon at hot-mail

Thanks AtlantaCruise for your wonderfully detailed review. My BF and I sailed the Jewel last December and loved her so much we booked right after we got home and leave on the 12/3 sailing this year. I was a dab worried with all the negative reviews, but let out a sigh of relief after reading your review. Like Monte said, it's good to know the ship we enjoyed so much last year is still kicking. Thanks again!

Susie

AtlantaCruise That was some great review I will just ditto except the maid...no such luck just a lot of time in the airport............is there a review site for that (airports)?:confused:

WOW, there is a face from the deep if I ever saw one!

Sorry your pics didnt come out, must have been the ones I took. I get mine back tomorrow, hope the stingray came out. If so I will put it on here for all to see whats on the private island.

Maybe we can post on the Pre/post cruise page about the hotels and to vent about the airports

Was the American Airlines AAdvance Bag Check Service available on the Jewel last week?(give American your bags the night before disembarkation and see them again at your destination airport).

I am not sure, we did fly AA but I didnt hear anything about it. I thought you had to go pickup your bags when you get off. We took ours with us.

Was the American Airlines AAdvance Bag Check Service available on the Jewel last week?(give American your bags the night before disembarkation and see them again at your destination airport).

Where can I find out more about this service? I am flying AA on Sunday.

Archived