Noordam Aft Cabins

Ricjoe

Does anybody have any opinions on the far aft cabins on the Noordam. I understand the balconies are larger but do the rooms suffer as a result?

I'm particularly interested in the SB categories (7145,8140,8147,etc). I'm sailing on the 1/27/07 Southern Caribbean cruise.

Thanks!

I can't say anything about the SB rooms, I did my best to peek inside as I walked by, they looked huge.

I had cabin 8141, center aft. Great view, huge veranda that we did not use much. The ash collection on the furniture and floor and if we stayed out there dropped on us. Trash blew off from the lido onto the deck, not a big deal but can startle you when you aren't expecting a cup to drop on your head.

The worse part for me was the stacking deck chairs at 11:30 pm or even worse the drop and scrape of putting the chairs out at 5 am. I heard no noise from neighbors or the hallway. They would stack the deck chairs 5-6 feet high and then when putting them down the would litterly drop it from that height and drag it into position. I walked up there several mornings to see what was going on. My neighbors were not bothered by this noise so I don't know if the cabin we were in had less noise protection or what. I did not hear the chair noise in the hallway.

Oh and I am not a light sleeper by the way but the dropping of those chairs just about caused me to fall out of bed every morning.

Carol

Hi all....Just got off the Noordam this morning and was in cabin 7142 SB...The cabin is smaller than the regular Suite cabin,However the varanda is large..In port it is great to sit outside but underway it is very windy on the side but you can sit faceing the aft without the wind.There is a vibration aft also.....The Neptune lounge is a long walk and it is closer to go to the lido(which is much better than the Neptune anyway)..I would rather have a Suite size cabin than a larger outside deck ..I will not book the aft cabin again.

Does anybody have any opinions on the far aft cabins on the Noordam. I understand the balconies are larger but do the rooms suffer as a result?

I'm particularly interested in the SB categories (7145,8140,8147,etc). I'm sailing on the 1/27/07 Southern Caribbean cruise.

Thanks!

Hello Ricjoe.. Have booked a VA aft on Noordam,1/27/07.. Have read alot of good comments about aft cabins.. You are looking at a suite which offers even more, suite perks..:D Corner aft cabins are highly rated..

Come and join in on our roll call..

Hello,

Just returned from Noordam 11/4 sailing. We were in corner aft SB 8140. In-laws were in corner aft SB 8147. They are awesome suites with huge wrap around balconies. Table mates with SA suites said they thought our cabin interior was larger than theirs.

When swells are up, the vibration from the props can be annoying. Everyday around 7:00 am the exposed portion of the balcony gets sprayed with wash down water from the Lido Aft Pool deck above. Frequent "Kaboosh" sound from toilet in suite below. First thought it was deck chairs being tossed about above.

All being said, it was a great suite and we would book it again.

Barry

Archived