Do you think the $30 charge per person is worth it?

crazy4cruisn

Do you think the $30 per person is worth the special dining room?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the $30 per person is worth the special dining room?

We just returned from the Nov 13 sailing of the Volendam. The Pinnacle Grill was one of the most enjoyable parts of the cruise for us. We dined there twice. The staff and chef were excellent. The chef also did the cooking demonstrations and taught the cooking classes. We took the cooking class and would highly recommend it.

We enjoyed the dining room and our wonderful servers. With that being said, after a number of days of mass produced meals, having something cooked to order by a talented chef is well worth the $30 to us.

Just another opinion.

I think that $30 is too much. You may as well.

But many HAL ships this week had Pinnacle Grills that were fully booked witrh long wait lists and many passengers complaining that they coould not get in for $30 a head.

So long as this continues, it doesn't really matter what you or I think. We are talking MASS MARKET cruiseiing. So long as the Masses agree for this $30 and tolerate it, it is here to stay.

It surprises me to hear that PGs are full with waiting lists. On our last three cruises (Zaandam, Westerdam, Veendam, 2004-06), the PG rarely looked full and we had no problem booking dinner there. I didn't think $20 was bad for a special occasion, but my wife and I really had no desire to return after one dinner.

Hopefully we can change this. If people simply would not go to the Pinnacle then I would hope one of two things happen, the price is lowered or the place is closed up. Either way, its better than the $30 charge.

I can understand wanting to have the price reduced back to $20/pp, but how does it benefit anyone to have the PG close? If HAL is not going to lower the price why should those that choose to pay the higher price be denied the chance to dine in the PG? If you're not going to eat there at $30 how does it affect you if others do pay the price? :confused:

Archived