Virgin Barge Cruiser, help!

SuziClue

Hi, we're getting ready to take our first ever barge cruise and would love to hear from anyone who has any advice to offer. We're sailing on French Country Waterways -- a Loire Valley trip -- and the weirdest thing has been trying to get information not only on our barge (the French Country Waterways site is pretty unhelpful) but also on the destinations. So, would welcome any input. Having said that, we are very excited and "not knowing" too much makes it feel like a delicious adventure!

Suzi

Frankly, I am surprised that your TA did not give you the information, or at the very least send you a copy of their brochure. I have one, and if you tell me which barge you are going on, I might be able to help.

Mt e-mail address is highlandpark@ mindspring.com

PS we are taking a barge cruise iin Scotland in about a week.

Hi, SJGOCh, thanks for your reply. Actually we have the brochure -- it's lovely but a tad short on detail. Hence the confusion! Our travel agent raved about French Country Waterways but was more familiar with other itineraries.

On the one hand, the "not knowing" is kind of delicious, suspenseful, mysterious. On the other hand...I am so used to researching trips it's a new experience not being able to find anything about...well...anything. Let's put it this way: this is definitely no cruise on Carnival Conquest to Grand Cayman! :))

Suzi

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

:)

My wife and I and three other couples took a French Country Waterways barge trip through Burgundy in May 2003. It was the best vacation I have ever taken. The crew, food and wines were superb.

I highly recommend FCW.

Archived