Carnival Cruise - Alaska without balcony

mrdood

We had an OV cabin in Sep. I think even if we had a balcony cabin we would not have used it much for this trip.

If it is cold use the buffet area, be inside and watch through the window. If it is warm, like on my trip, I was out side at the back that way I could look from both sides of the ship. The Naturalist would tell you look to the port side of the ship for whales, then later she would tell you to look to the starboard side for more whales. In this case being on a balcony would have been a hindrance.

We have had a balcony before, DW loves inside rooms, I have never had one, but probably would not care, we can afford to get a balcony, but we have a lot of other irons in the fire for next year like a major land trip to Russia etc and I would like to be able to cruise more than once next year. Our goal was to do 4 cruises this year, we only got three :) , but there is a significant price difference for inside versus not. We are planning on August and planning on a bunch of rooms for family that will want the lowest cost, so part of my question was to help them decide.

Thanks all for your input! I especially loved the snarky comments:p , and yes I did search and no, the port of call forum was not appropriate - the cabin selection forum would have been though. Not even sure we will be on Carnival or not yet...

Thanks again - and keep up the sarcasm:cool:

Go for the inside or OV. Save your money. You'll need it to pay the Alaskan Cruise Tax!:(

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the same cruise as Julie. I had an oceanview cabin. The window was great but not as clear as I would like so I spent most of my time on deck. I can see the advantage of having a balcony cabin but remember that many times there is action on both sides of the ship. At times you will miss some of the sites because you can ony see one side of the ship. I would recommend that you get a port side cabin for the Northbound cruise or a starboard cabin for the Southbound.

Ken

Archived