Suggestions for Mexican Riviera excursions??

AiAi

Hello,

I find myself posting a lot!! LOL. We're going on our first cruise this November.

We're going to the Mexican Riviera...traveling with an almost 3 year old and a 7 month old.

Does anyone have recommendations as to what our family can do in Mazatlan, PV and/ Cabo?

I was thinking of going to a resort?

Thanks!

Hi,

welcome, family cruisers, and hope your find your vacation divine.

My family and I have been to cabo twice, and P.V. & Maz once now. Our limited experience would definitely suggest that your choice of "resort" hopping is a great idea, especially given the ages of your younger family units. The laid back acceptance of Cruise passengers into the resort areas has been a great treat for me and mine in our experience, and gives the ammenities and comfort that make travelling with toddlers a joy. I don't have specific resort info on these ports, other than to emphasize that especially in Mazatlan, the resorts on 7 mile beach welcome cruise passengers for the most part, and we had a great time there a couple years back. We will be returning in sept, and will be frequenting a similar venue, taxi to 7 mile beach, shop and surf at whim's delight, return to ship for the afternoon. A taxi tour of the town is informative, though be prepared to breathe some exhaust, as the smog and pollution restrictions in Mex are non existant, and the open air taxi's leave you at the wind's mercy. I visited a VW dealer, where the brand new beetles were a novelty for my US indoctrinated VW appreciating self, and some of the models built in the Mazatalan plant that were not available in the US were most interesting.

hope this helps....

Royce

Archived