Purchasing Airfare through Celebrity

apados

Has anyone purchased airfare through Celebrity (I imagine someone has, or else they wouldn't keep offering it)? I am looking at a trans-atlantic cruise and they are offering $500 per person airfare from San Diego to FLL and then from London to San Diego. This seems like a fairly reasonable deal, however I am not sure what kind of air travel to expect (I assume multiple stops and red-eye).

Thanks,

We purchased air through Celebrity last year on an Alaskan cruise that worked out very well. We used the "custom air" that is complimentary if you are a member of the Captains Club. We were able to specify the general arrangements we preferred and knew about 10 months ahead of time what our flights would be and were able to even select seats well in advance. There were four of us traveling and we wanted to make sure we traveled together and were seated together. The price was better than any I could find looking on my own. We were very pleased with the arrangements.

I typically use X air when travelling open jaw and overseas...for some reason they seem to have better rates for that. Then I custom air it to get a decent flight. Even if you have to pay the $75 custom air fee, it may still be worth doing. Remeber too, X air includes transfers which can be steep in Europe....In FLL it is worth about $5 since port is close to airport.

Archived