Birthday cake???

deeolasingh

I was on the Ecstasy earlier this month. We celebrated my friends birthday on the 4th night. I arranged with our waitress at the beginning of our cruise to have a cake delivered that night. I ordered a small chocolate cake - I believe it cost about $6.99 - can't remember for sure. It was delicious. It was big enough to share with our table mates. I also read that if you want it to be a secrete you can talk to the maitre D and order it or go to the Formalities shop on board.

Kathy

We had our son's birthday on the Destiny in September. They did deliver a cake to our table. We had our travel agent arrange it before we went and double checked that it was ordered when we arrived. It can also be ordered on the carnival web site and there is a charge for it. The formal nights when we were on in September were Tuesday night the night we were in Dominica and the first night at sea which was on Thursday. Don't know if that will change.

Thanks for the replys... It wont be a suprise its my birthday were talking about but it was my aunts idea of the cake.... and about formal night it would be pretty cool to be all dressed up and celebrating my 35th birthday on a cruise dont ya think???;) :cool: ;)

Hmm. I've sailed twice during someone's birthday and have never paid for the cake. I thought that was why they ask if you're celebrating a special event when you book. They did ask me if we could do my daughter's birthday a day later than it actually was because we'd be in port late that night. The cake we got was very small, marble with white icing, and your typical "keep it in the freezer for when you need it" cake. Last month someone in my group had a birthday and the cake was a sinfully rich chocolate treat that was about 6" round and big enough to share small pieces with the ten people at the table. They've either changed the freebie, or the cake you must purchase is yummo!

We cruised a couple of weeks ago on our 12th anniversary. We received a cake a dinner one night. It was noted on our reservation that we were celebrating our anniversary. Not sure if the cake was from Carnival Vacation Club or Carnival, but I know we were not charged for it.

Unless someone sends you a cake, your Sail & Sign account will be charged if you request a cake.

Yearnin' - For many, many years, Carnival gave cakes for b'days and anniversaries. It got to be so many that nobody enjoyed their dinner, because of all the hoopla w/delivery of dozens of cakes each evening, and all that singing...!

I, for one, am very glad they cut out the freebies. Get on with the meal - instead of the waiters being tied up with cakes and singing...:rolleyes:

The cakes are good, and at $7 each, not bad price at all. Tablemates have shared theirs with me. Vanilla w/strawberry is supergood. The cakes can also be delivered to cabins instead of at dinner.

Hmm. I've sailed twice during someone's birthday and have never paid for the cake. I thought that was why they ask if you're celebrating a special event when you book. They did ask me if we could do my daughter's birthday a day later than it actually was because we'd be in port late that night. The cake we got was very small, marble with white icing, and your typical "keep it in the freezer for when you need it" cake. Last month someone in my group had a birthday and the cake was a sinfully rich chocolate treat that was about 6" round and big enough to share small pieces with the ten people at the table. They've either changed the freebie, or the cake you must purchase is yummo!

They just started charging about 2 years ago... they used to give free cakes, and then everyone and their grandma said it was a special occasion... it got very old hearing "happy bursday, happy annibursery" etc 20 times a night... and then see a full cake at every table (seriously, who can eat cake after all the food they serve you????) Thankfully they got rid of the free cake and now only people that REALLY want to celebrate an occasion buy them... they are very inexpensive. The cake you purchase is actually VERY good... MUCH better than the old freebies used to be!! :D

I bought birthday candles that spell my DD name......how do I give to put on her cake? She is going to be 7. Lucky girl. Her BD isn't until Dec. 12, but we told her that we would be celebrating it on the ship!! Do they allow candles??:confused:

Thank you so much!!:)

I bought birthday candles that spell my DD name......how do I give to put on her cake? She is going to be 7. Lucky girl. Her BD isn't until Dec. 12, but we told her that we would be celebrating it on the ship!! Do they allow candles??:confused:

Thank you so much!!:)

I would go and talk to the Maitre'D once on board... Tell him that you have ordered a cake and you would like candles put on it (I can't remember though if I've ever seen candles), ask him if this is possible... If they can do it, that is a service you should definitely tip additional for.

Archived