Dining attire

2manyplaces

We cruised on the Paul Gaugin last year and absolutely loved it, especially the country club casual dining each night. We are now considering a Mediterranean cruise. The attire noted in the itinerary is mostly country club casual with a couple informal nights. Can you please tell me what most gentlemen wear on informal nights? Is a suit necessary, or is a sport coat OK? Is a tie mandatory? Thank you for your input.

We cruised on the Paul Gaugin last year and absolutely loved it, especially the country club casual dining each night. We are now considering a Mediterranean cruise. The attire noted in the itinerary is mostly country club casual with a couple informal nights. Can you please tell me what most gentlemen wear on informal nights? Is a suit necessary, or is a sport coat OK? Is a tie mandatory? Thank you for your input.

A tie is not mandatory on informal nights, though most gents do wear one. You are expected to wear a jacket though. Some men take off their jacket in the restaurant and nothing is said.

A jacket with no tie is fine. I'm grateful that they seem to have dropped the formal nights, at least in the Med., last June we had one on Voyager, plus two informal nights. Towards the end of the cruise, you can get away with just throwing on a jacket over your country-club casual-wear, even.

Archived